Stellantis Ventures, the corporate venture fund of Stellantis NV, has invested in 10 startup companies and one mobility venture fund so far.
Stellantis launched Stellantis Ventures in March 2022 as a key component of the automaker’s “Dare Forward 2030” strategic plan. Dare Forward 2030 sets out a series of important targets, led by deep emission cuts to slash CO2 in half by 2030 and achieve carbon net zero by 2038 with single-digit-percentage compensation of the remaining emissions.
Three of the projects backed by Stellantis Ventures are launching this year, “validating the fund’s mission to accelerate deployment of innovative, customer-centric mobility technologies and support Stellantis’ Dare Forward 2030 efforts in leading the change to a more sustainable mobility and better in-vehicle experience for all customers,” according to Stellantis.
“Transforming Stellantis into a mobility tech company means we need to have the mindset of a startup, focused on our customers and working with a dash of impatience,” said Ned Curic, Stellantis chief technology officer. “We are using the strength of Stellantis Ventures to connect with companies that are developing cutting-edge technology that we believe can transform the in-cabin experience and improve the mobility sector, for our customers and for society as a whole.”
Investments support the Dare Forward 2030 strategy and are aligned to the three core pillars: Care, Tech and Value.
- 6K enables advanced sustainable manufacturing to ensure clean, low-carbon-emission material production.
- Beweelsociety, a startup with roots inside Stellantis, is a developer of connected e-bikes and provider of a wide range of services from purchasing to cycling through one unique digital app, including financing, insurance, facilitation and care services (maintenance, anti-theft).
- NetZero is a climate venture specializing in long-term carbon removal from the atmosphere by turning agriculture residues into biochar, a very stable form of carbon.
- Nauto is deploying artificial intelligence and computer-vision technology combined with advanced risk-data science to more than 800 commercial fleets to help save money and lives through safer driving.
- Trails Offroad, staffed by off-road experts and enthusiasts, offers a digital library of more than 3,000 detailed offroad trail guides throughout the United States and Canada that can be loaded in the Jeep Uconnect system.
- Viaduct is an artificial-intelligence platform, designed to improve vehicle analytics for quality and maintenance.
- Geoflex is a worldwide operator of satellite positioning augmentation technology designed to augment accuracy, integrity and continuity of operation of all global navigation satellite systems receivers, whatever the brand is.
- Envisics is a globally renowned pioneer of dynamic holographic technologies and its application for augmented-reality head-up displays (AR-HUDs) and automotive sensor systems.
- Electra Vehicles is a leading provider of battery software solutions for electric mobility.
- Lyten created Lyten 3D Graphene, a unique decarbonization materials platform tunable for a wide range of advanced applications.
Stellantis Ventures will be present at MOVE 2023 on June 21-22 as an exhibitor in booth No. 36 and a main speaker, delivering the opening keynote on June 22 and joining a panel discussion on “The start-up ecosystem and the unicorn journey.”
Stellantis Ventures is not disclosing the name of the mobility venture fund investment.