We began our search for the best solar power stocks by compiling a list of 25 public companies that are major players in the solar industry. This included companies that have a business model primarily focused on solar power, and ones that dealt with solar-related products or services.
From the initial list, we selected the first eight stocks listed above, which met the following criteria:
- No less than $1 million of average daily trade volume over the last three months.
- A share price above $3 and a market capitalization over $500 million.
- Positive revenue over the last three years.
- Positive EPS over the last twelve months.
- Forecasted to grow revenue and EPS in 2023.
The number of publicly traded solar stocks is small. Among those, profits are thin, as is often the case with growth stocks in a nascent industry. These criteria aim to uncover stocks that have generated positive earnings and revenue and are forecasted to grow these important metrics going forward.
Please note that the stocks above were selected by an experienced financial analyst, but they may not be right for your portfolio. Before you decide to purchase any of these stocks, do plenty of research to ensure they are aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance.