It looks like a new replacement will be taking a spin as “Wheel of Fortune” host.
In a tweet Monday, current host of the popular game show Pat Sajak, announced his plans to step down next year after the 41st season.
“Well, the time has come,” he tweeted. “I’ve decided that our 41st season, which begins in September, will be my last. It’s been a wonderful ride, and I’ll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all.”
Sajak has not said who would take his place on the show, but Suzanne Prete, executive vice president of game shows at Sony Pictures Television told CNN in a statement that Sajak will “continue as a consultant on the show for three years following his last year hosting.”
Sajak stepped up as “Wheel of Fortune” host over 40 years ago in 1981 alongside co-host Vanna White following Chuck Woolery’s departure from the show. White has not announced any similar plans of retirement in the future.
The first episode of “Wheel of Fortune” aired in 1975.