Dow Jones seeks a reporter to help fuel Dow Jones Newswires’ real-time news service for financial professionals from our newsroom in Barcelona.
Our reporting team monitors corporate and economic news from across Europe using a variety of sources.
In addition to writing headlines and stories, you will be expected to quickly analyze news events and the signals they provide to investors. This takes the initial form of short, quick-fire analysis of market-moving corporate news, followed by slightly longer-form analysis that includes more detailed parsing of the event, and extends to more expansive and thematic items.
Ideally, candidates will have some knowledge of what to look for in corporate earnings statements and press releases, and some familiarity with economic data, financial markets and regulation, and a strong interest in these areas.
This is an exciting opportunity to write market-leading breaking news for Dow Jones, the global authority in business journalism and publisher of The Wall Street Journal.
- Monitor press-release feeds, websites and other sources of news and fire off headlines and short stories on key developments for publication in real time.
- Identify important, forward-looking detail from a fast-moving stream of information and turn it into informative, punchy headlines and short articles in English.
- On occasion, do some text translation, media monitoring and could be asked to crunch data for analysis that might lead to stories.
- Accuracy, speed, excellent news judgement and a close eye for detail.
- Excellent written English and near-native proficiency in one or more additional European languages, with a strong preference for German.
- The ability to jump quickly between subjects and tasks while keeping a calm, clear head.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter describing how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the role.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, go here.